I’m blogging in a versatile way!
So late one night, I was sitting idly, as I often do, when I noticed a notification pop up. This is such a rare occurrence for me that instantly I expected it to be an email from iTunes, telling me I could now pre-order the latest Lady Gaga album or something similar.
But much to my surprise and relief it wasn’t an email from the said singer and was instead a notification telling me that I had been nominated/won an award for being a versatile blogger!
To those of you who don’t know what the Versatile Blogger Award is, which I didn’t before a few days ago, it is an award that recognises “the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered and the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page”. and according to fellow blogger Chronic Chronicler, the Critical Dan4th blog meets these criteria!
So I must send a pleased but bewildered thanks to him for considering my blog worthy of any award and send an ask to any readers of this to visit his blog too!
Find out more here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/
I also am obliged to nominate 15 other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger award which is close to impossible for me to do fairly as I haven’t been blogging for very long and so don’t know too many blogs very well. So I have chosen 5 instead which I know that I like!
And now for 7 ‘interesting facts’ about myself, which I am obliged to write.
- I am a slow reader (more’s the pity considering what my blog is about) as I like to make sure I don’t miss anything. Having said that, I still have to read a text again and again if I’m looking at it in some detail.
- Je peux parler un peu de français (mais j’ai oublié beaucoup car je ne le pratique pas très souvent).
- I am a fan of British comedy, but generally the older British sitcoms. I often don’t find the more contemporary ones anywhere near as funny (sorry).
- Psychology is a topic that interests me greatly but I can never find the time to study it properly. If anyone knows of a blog which covers psych interestingly, please comment!
- I use the word ‘rather’ rather a lot. Sometimes too much and people would rather that I didn’t..
- I ran a small business for a year which was a lot of fun and a lot of work last year. We made and sold computer software. Certainly an eye-opener.
- I taught myself the piano a few years ago but I didn’t teach myself how to read music.
A mistake? Probably, but I still enjoy playing.
Thanks again to Chronic Chronicler and to all those who have ever read the blog. Sorry for this not being very English based, I promise that the next one shall be!
“Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.” -Mark Twain